Botox for Cosmetic Dentistry
Botulinum Toxin type A (Botox) is a cosmetic procedure which aids in oral and facial aesthetics and functions. While Botox is normally applied to areas with wrinkles, such as around the eyes and forehead area to prevent aging, the botulinum toxin that it is derived from has a long history of medically therapeutic uses. It can be used to treat an array of dental problems like; Temporomandibular disorders, bruxism, clenching, masseter hypertrophy and used to treat functional or aesthetic dental conditions like deep nasolabial folds, radial lip lines, high lip line and black triangles between teeth. The procedure in our office is generally completed in one visit.
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- TMJ is a disorder in which a person suffers from muscle and joint facial pain.
- In some cases, Botox is used to help alleviate TMJ symptoms & pains.
High Lip Line aka “Gummy” Smile
- Many doctors recommend Botox as an alternative to high lip line cases. It acts as an aid for dermal fillers and lip augmentation, allowing a restored beautiful smile.
- After 4 weeks, a study’s results were observed with a decrease from 8 mm gingival exposure to 3 mm, which was considered as normal GD for an adult during smiling.
Botox is able to help treat teeth grinding and headaches.
Request an appointment
We can help you with high lip lines, facial pain and TMJ. Request an appointment or contact us to learn more about our services.