***As of July 1, 2020 Oregon law requires all persons to wear a mask in business or public indoor areas due to recent spike in COVID-19***
Find out more at oregon.gov/covidupates
Executive Order 20-10
As of May 1, 2020 Gov. Kate Brown allowed a lift on all non-urgent procedures in medical and dental offices. This means we are able to start seeing patients with limited hours and certain precautions taken. The OHA and ADA have put into place a framework for offices to follow during this re-opening process.
Our office plans to follow those guidelines strictly in order to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible. For more information and to see what those specific guidelines are follow this link.
As of June 16th, 2020 we have resumed all services and business hours in our office. This includes all hygiene, general, major and cosmetic procedures. Our hours will be Tuesday – Thursday 8 AM – 5 PM and Friday 8 AM to 2 PM.
We are also implementing our own in-office safety regulations on top of the OHA and ADA’s recommendations. This includes:
- You will be asked some pre-screening questions before entering the office.
- We will take your temperature, blood pressure and have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- A ‘virtual waiting-room’ will be set in place, meaning will we ask that you call us upon arrival and wait in your car until we are ready to pre-screen you. This allows us to keep the amount of foot traffic in our office to a minimum.
- Our front lobby will be closed to visitors, we ask that if you bring someone along to your appointment that they wait in the car during your procedure.
These measures are to protect our patients and staff from contamination and preserve our PPE. We are excited to be able to serve our community and welcome our patients back. Call the office if you are in need of an appointment for have been experiencing issues within the last two months, our patient’s health is our priority and we are here for you.
Updated: July 1, 2020