Executive Order 20-10
As of May 1, 2020 Gov. Kate Brown allowed a lift on all non-urgent procedures in medical and dental offices. This means we are able to start seeing patients with limited hours and certain precautions taken. The OHA and ADA have put into place a framework for offices to follow during this re-opening process.
Our office plans to follow those guidelines strictly in order to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible. For more information and to see what those specific guidelines are follow this link.
At this time we are unable to see hygiene patients and will continue to postpone those appointments. Once we are able to asses that it is safe to continue with those services we will let you know.
Our limited hours will be Tuesday – Friday 9 AM to 2 PM for urgent and non-urgent procedures. This includes any services that are important to your overall oral health and comfort.
We are also implementing our own in-office safety regulations on top of the OHA and ADA’s recommendations. This includes:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will take your temperature, blood pressure and have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- A ‘virtual waiting-room’ will be set in place, meaning will we ask that you wait in your car until you are notified to come into the office. This allows us to keep the amount of foot traffic in our office to a minimum.
- Our front lobby will be closed to visitors, we ask that if you bring someone along to your appointment that they wait in the car during your procedure.
These measures are to protect our patients and staff from contamination and preserve our PPE. We are excited to be able to serve our community and welcome our patients back. Call the office if you are in need of an appointment for have been experiencing issues within the last two months, our patient’s health is our priority and we are here for you.